Stress, it is the most common issue that we experience. We live with it, and yet most of us don’t know what it is! Stress is nothing but a typical response that involves the whole body. It prepares us to perceive threats in the absolute moment. When analyzed, the surviving elements of the troubling stress are:
- 9 to 5 job schedules
- Work deadlines
- Politics and the list goes on
With time, stress evolved and got hold of our daily routine like:
- Getting the kids to different activity classes like dance, music and such
- Maintaining household activities and so on
But our stress response remained outdated. It became a challenge to deal with, and stress itself has become a stressor. That’s why we are here with classes on meditation in Hamilton.
The following is a collective information from various sources. It will help you realize how to cope up with stress. Further, in modern medical science, yoga and meditation have got a permanent place for its amazing beneficial effects on the human body.
In the 1930s, the stress became a biological phenomenon. A scientist named Hans Selye conducted experiments on different organisms and recorded their responses. He learned that each of them reacted to stressors in similar physiological ways. With further analysis, he determined that the effect of stress would be the same for all organisms. Through his experiments, he developed a means of identifying the three stages of stress.
ALERT: The stress response gets activated in the brain, triggering the fight or flight system. Stress hormones releases and our nervous system gets alarmed.
DEFENCE OR RESPONSE: As humans, we prefer to take action for dealing with the threat. Our response system asks us either to fight or to flee. In this stage, the body starts using its stored reserves to fuel itself and deal with the situation.
EXHAUSTION: When the stored reserves are almost empty, the body can no longer take it. Some symptoms of exhaustion are:
- Poor appetite
These symptoms give birth to other ailments!
Now, how meditation and Yoga help in increasing your potential?
Yoga and meditation are something that prepares your body to take the stress and act accordingly. The above stages might define that we have it naturally. But there is more to understand.
- See; in stage one, the panicking effect starts. But if you are on a constant relaxed state of mind, there is nothing that can trouble you! So, do you think stress will be a major concern? NO.
- In stage two, while you are taking action or thinking to flee, you need that strength. Yoga involves various moves and postures that enhance your physical stability and flexibility. So with a relaxed state of mind, you know what you need to do – Fight or Flee!
- And the best part, you don’t get exhausted. It is because yoga and meditation involve efficient breathing techniques. When you master the art, ailments and stress will remain at bay.
With many stressors, it is necessary to identify its cause. Some like to hit the gym, while others love to sit and meditate. But the point is, why burn energy and relax while you can gain energy and relax as well! Our classes on meditation in Hamilton will help you learn more about it. Also, you can connect with an expert and gather valuable info. After all, the goal is simple. To stay healthy and fit and there is nothing better than practicing yoga and meditation.
Also, don’t forget to share and leave your comments to enlighten the post you’re your valuable information.
More details just visit our social media page :